The Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority (TBARTA) was created by the Florida State Legislature in 2007 to develop and implement a Regional Transportation Master Plan for the seven-county West Central Florida region consisting of Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas and Sarasota Counties. The agency consists of:
- Governing board made up of elected officials and appointed members from around the region,
- Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) made up of citizen representatives appointed by the TBARTA Board,
- Transit Management Committee (TMC) made up of the executive directors of the transit agencies in the region, and
- Land Use Working Group (LUWG) made up of representatives from local government and regional land use planning agencies, environmental groups, the development community, transportation agencies, and the public.
For more information about the Authority, please click on the links below.
- A world class transportation network for the Tampa Bay region that will connect people and places, move goods and services, enhance the quality of life, and offer transportation options that are safe, sustainable, affordable, and efficient. We will act as a catalyst for a vibrant economic future through leadership, collaboration, and partnerships.
- The authority’s purpose is to improve mobility and expand multimodal transportation options for passengers and freight throughout the seven-county region.