Welcome to the TBARTA careers section. When we have open positions, you will find them here, including title, responsibilities and qualification requirements. You will also be able to apply for the position from this page.
Apply Now: Part-time Administrative Assistant
This position performs a variety of administrative duties for the Board of Directors and Authority, to support the daily activities of the organization.
Pay range: $18-20 per hour
Send resumes and cover letter to: Careers@TBARTA.com
- Attend and provide staff support for all Board of Directors and Committee meetings.
- Prepare meeting agendas and packets, transcribe minutes, and create resolutions.
- Prepare public hearing and legal notices related to Authority meetings.
- Responsible for coordinating meeting locations, and room/equipment set-up and break down.
- Create and maintain meetings calendar and distribute meeting invitations. Confirm attendance in advance to ensure a quorum will be present.
- Maintain all records pertaining to the Board of Directors, including membership lists, terms and appointments, officers, committee assignments, service profile, policy notebook, rules, and regulations, meeting manual, etc.
- Compose correspondence and reports. Research, gather and evaluate pertinent information and data as a basis for drafting responses to both routine and non-routine correspondence.
- Develop, organize, maintain, and update files, which include management reports, policies, procedures, manuals, charts, and other related documents.
- Maintain the Authority’s holiday
- Manage office equipment and order
- Maintain records regarding property distributed to Authority
- Coordinate with offsite IT contractor and maintain network drive of computer
- Oversee functions such as processing of Authority mail and copy machine
- Assist the accounting department with the distribution of invoices and requests through proper channels.
- Perform other professional duties as
Note: "Board Meetings" encompass all meetings of the Board of Directors, including regularly scheduled monthly meetings, special meetings, workshops, public hearings, committee meetings, etc.
- Education: High school diploma or E.D. with supplemental courses or training in administrative studies, business administration or closely related field.
- Experience: Five (5) years’ experience performing a variety of secretarial/administrative duties. Experience in supervising office staff highly
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of: Office management and administrative procedures; rules and use of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and composition; establishment and maintenance of record keeping systems and procedures; basic computer
- Skilled in: Typing of 55 net words per minute; taking and transcribing dictation at the rate of 80 words per minute; the use of standard office equipment, including personal computer; proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; basic mathematical computations; shorthand or other note taking technique; effective verbal communications; proper telephone etiquette; greeting the public in a courteous manner; good interpersonal, customer service, and listening
- Abilities: Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, all levels of staff, and Board of Directors; maintain confidential information; prioritize work based on ongoing demands of the Executive Director’s Office; prepare clear, concise, and complete reports and correspondence; exhibit resourcefulness; exercise initiative and work independently on multiple tasks with frequent interruptions. Must be able to exercise good
TBARTA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Careers@TBARTA.com