John MittenCommissioner, Hernando County
John Mitten, age 48, of Brooksville is a local small business owner. He currently leads a business team at the only Chick-fil-A in Hernando County. He received his bachelor’s degree in finance from Florida State University and is married to his high school sweetheart of 28 years, Kristina, with whom he has six children.
Commissioner Mitten was appointed by Governor Rick Scott to the District 1 seat for a term beginning June 14, 2018 and ending November 16, 2020. He has served on numerous boards and committees within the community such as Pasco Hernando State College, Greater Hernando Chamber of Commerce, Jericho Road Ministries, Hope Children’s Home – Tampa, the Restoration Center of Florida and the Hernando County YMCA. He is also active each week in his church as a deacon, treasurer, Sunday School teacher and song director.
Commissioner Mitten is committed to leading by example, being a good steward of the responsibilities he has been assigned and making decisions that best serve the residents of Hernando County.
- Tampa Bay Area Regional Transit Authority
- Tourist Development Council
- Citrus/Hernando Waterways Restoration Council
- Hernando County Task Force of the Citrus/Hernando Waterways Restoration Council
- Springs Coast Steering Committee
- Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Industry Certification Training Center Governing Board
- Canvassing Board
- Southwest Florida Water Management District
- Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board (Jobs & Education Partnership)
- Fair Association