Commuter Services: Vanpool
TBARTA’s Regional Vanpool is a program serving commuters in Hernando, Hillsborough, Citrus, Pasco and Pinellas Counties. Using Vanpool can save you hundreds of dollars in commuting costs each month. While there is a fee to participate, the cost is significantly lower than driving by yourself. In addition, TBARTA pays $400 per month toward the cost of the van, further adding to your savings.
Vanpool Facts and Advantages:
- A Vanpool consists of a group of 5 to 15 commuters who regularly travel to and from work in a leased vehicle.
- Vanpoolers average between 24 and 54 miles each way to and from work.
- This public-private partnership is operated in conjunction with Enterprise, which provides vehicles, insurance, maintenance, repair, billing and support for all Vanpool groups.
- TBARTA provides a $400 monthly subsidy per vehicle to help offset costs and provide a financial incentive for commuters to participate.
- The fee you pay is based on the distance to work, how many people you ride with, gasoline and tolls.
- As part of Vanpool participation commuters can also sign-up for our Emergency Ride Home program (ERH). ERH assures that you will not be stranded at work in case of an emergency, providing reimbursement for up to four cab rides each year that meet the Emergency Ride Home guidelines.