Why an Aerial Gondola in Clearwater?
A new gondola would provide a convenient connection for families, tourists, and commuters of all needs who want to enjoy both Clearwater Beach and Downtown Clearwater.
Click one of the scenarios below to see how:
The survey is part of the public engagement portion of TBARTA's Pinellas County Aerial Gondola Feasibility Study, which is being conducted in partnership with Forward Pinellas, the City of Clearwater and the City of St. Petersburg. Among the questions the study examines are:
- What is the purpose or need for an aerial gondola?
- Where would gondola service be of greatest benefit?
- How much will it cost to build a gondola operation and who will pay for it?
- Once the gondola is built, who should own and operate it?
- What will be local government’s financial obligation?
Results from the survey were included in the study's final report and will help local leaders in any future considerations. Final study results were presented to the TBARTA Board on October 21, 2022.